I had had a play with the Crestron RL 2 LRS today, and it was a nice piece of kit.
I had the usual struggle of getting it to work with Lync in general, the startup guide, like most LRS are vague so you will need to know what to setup before getting on to try (See my post of a LRS setup here).
Crestron describe their RL2 with the following…
Crestron RL 2 is the only Skype for Business group collaboration system that delivers:
- A single solution for group collaboration and sharing with Skype for Business meeting participants
- DM® input, for integration with Crestron’s full suite of remote video transmitters
- Auto-switching between VGA, HDMI®, and DM video sources without a separate video switcher outside of a Skype for Business session
- Analog microphone inputs for ease of custom installation
- The power to control everything in the room from one touch screen, including AV devices, lighting, and shades
It already had it’s up’s and downs for me, being based on the Windows CE framework, and to get to any administration of the device took a whole reboot and using an on screen KB to do it (fat fingers beware).
When i got into the device and linked to Lync / Exchange it was quite flawless, touch screen presentation, cables handing out of the desk for every addition you can think and a touchscreen whiteboard which just worked.
Few screenshots of it in action and of the kit for you to enjoy: